Dear Friends and Family,
Before 2008 started, I knew it would be an exciting year. I turned 30 in September. Jill turned 16 in November. Bill & I are celebrating our 10-year anniversary this month! That’s plenty of excitement for one year. HOWEVER, a lot of other major events came along the path.
A lot of BIG things have been chronicled on this blog already, so here's just a quick 2008 review. If this is your first time on the blog, feel free to look at older posts. :-)
My mom, sisters & I celebrated the New Year on a Carnival Cruise down the Mexican Riviera!
Bill had another back surgery at the beginning of the year which set his Nursing School plans back one semester. He now has 2 semesters left.
We had a few deaths in the family. We mourn the loss of our loved ones, yet rejoice in their memories and the promise of eternal life.
We hosted two major yard sales. The first was for our friend, Emily, who was raising money for an upcoming mission trip to Rwanda. The second was a two-day estate sale for my Great-Grandmother’s estate.
On September 9, Bill & I were married in the Catholic Church at Mary, Queen of the Holy Rosary.
We did have my 30th birthday party here at the house on 9/28.
On October 10, the kids and I were in a lovely rollover accident. (see many previous posts for details.
Jill, now 16, & Rebekah, now 8, celebrated their birthdays at the bowling alley with their friends. (Of course we had two lanes!) Jill has shown no interest in driving, so you need not ask. :-)
On November 23, I was welcomed into the Catholic Church and celebrated the Sacraments of Confirmation & Holy Communion! My sponsor hosted a nice lunch for us after the service. :-)
On December 19, Bill & I will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the occasion of our wedding at St. Luke UMC.
Well, that's the big stuff. You can read some details on the older posts, if you are interested. ALSO, I have another blog with just some random thoughts about things. Jennifer's Thought
I'm going to post some recent pictures there. :-)
Bill, Jill & I are all on facebook! Be our friends!
Thanks for reading!
Happy Advent!!
Merry Christmas!
Happy New Year!!
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment