I really couldn't decide which blog to post these thoughts on, so they ended up here. :-) Perhaps, if presented in a different way, they'd find a better home on one of my other blogs (should have stuck with just one...)
Today I found myself, like many other Americans, glued in front of my TV for a couple of hours waiting for the new President Obama! If you know me, you know I wasn't an Obama supporter. Now that he is President, officially, you've got to respect him. He is the PRESIDENT.
ANYHOW, I was watching. And a thought occurred to me. The past couple of years, I've watched the Oscars at my friend's house. One of the highlights of the Oscars (which I usually miss 'cause I'm late), is the "Red Carpet." Everyone is mesmerized by who is wearing what; who is arriving with whom; etc, etc. Even Shrek 2 includes a red carpet!!
Today I noticed a different red carpet. One with more meaning. Upon this red carpet walked truly great men and women. Men and women who have REALLY made a difference in the life of our country! Not people who are necessarily popular, but powerful.
*We saw all of the living former presidents with their wives. (Not girlfriends who change from year to year.)
*We saw those who didn't win in the race for president in current and previous elections.
*We saw some people who the commentators hadn't a clue of who they were (and admitted it).
*We saw old folks. We saw young folks. We saw all shapes, sizes, colors, etc.
*We saw Laura Bush with her very classy wardrobe.
*We saw Michelle Obama with her more "trendy" wardrobe. (Both looking very lovely!)
*We saw folks who looked very happy and excited to be there.
*We saw folks who looked a little nervous behind those smiles. A couple who looked more than a little bit nervous...from where I was (my living room).
This was a red carpet procession that nearly brought tears to my eyes! I wanted he kids to watch every moment, but they didn't really care. They just wanted me to call them in when President Obama entered. (I called them in to see his kids, but his girls were off the screen by the time mine got back to the TV).
It only comes around every four years, but this is a red carpet worth looking at!!
On February 22, Emily will be in Africa, so I won't be attending her Oscars party. I'm sure someone will let me know who wins best picture.)
**As I was praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet this afternoon, the red carpet image came to me again. There are so many great heroes of the faith. There are also so many Christians who may not be considered "heroes" by many. But ALL of the BODY OF CHRIST will be walking the streets of gold, the red carpet, of Heaven.
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment