Monday, December 8, 2008

Additional seeds planted and watered

As I pondered my journey some more, I recall another part of the Catholic conversion. Soccer. During Becka's soccer practices, I talk to other moms around. One of these moms happened to be a Catholic. She was raised Baptist and converted 11 years ago. During our conversations, I would occasionally ask questions. I heard her mention things like the "Crowning of Mary" and her daughter's first communion. I asked her questions like, "What are some of the difference between Catholic and Baptist?" One of the things that she mentioned was reverence. That was certainly one thing that I was looking for. When I was coming into the church a couple of weeks ago, I left a voice mail for this family and they did attend the early Mass that week to support me. :-) I even got a card. I still feel much love from all of the people at Mary, Queen!


The week after I was welcomed into the Church, I received the Eucharist from Fr. Joe and he was beaming as he gave me the Host. :-) I went back to my pew and cried more that week than the previous!

No comments:

Post a Comment