Saturday, May 2, 2009

More affirmation

We had our final First Friday Mass of the school year with our homeschool group yesterday. After Mass, we enjoyed a time of food and fellowship. As I was talking to one of the moms, she started saying everything that I had been needing to hear lately! Of course, she had no idea. We were just talking about our kids, our schools, etc.-- the stuff homeschool moms talk about. But the way she described things that her kids do at school sounded much more like what I do! Her school is much more like mine than some of my other homeschool friends'.

I mentioned in a previous post that I tend to compare myself to other moms so easily. Now this was a mom that I could relate to! She also talked about how easily her older children adapted to attending our parish school after having been homeschooled. It was so nice to hear that the transitions seemed fairly simple. (I'm not sure how long we'll homeschool- other than "until God tells me to stop.")

I breathed a sigh of relief during our conversation. "I'm not doing it 'all wrong.'"

God has answered my prayers for affirmation of my homeschooling vocation. Yes, this is my calling and my vocation at this point in my life. I just need to continue to trust in God and keep doing what He tells me to do until He says to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment