Neleh left her Pooh blanket in the car again today. Much less resistance this time than last week. During the service, she usually doesn't like to stand when comes the appropriate times to stand. However, she does kneel during those times. TODAY - she even came up during the Eucharist and received a blessing from the priest. Well...kind of. Instead of resting her arms on her chest to receive the blessing, she came with arms crossed and walked right by the priest, barely stopping for her blessing. We are making progress! That's the first time she's come up at all!
Rebekah announced in the car today that "Mass is fun!" Yay! I enjoy Mass. You may have figured that out already. But to hear the 7 y/o say that Mass is fun, that's awesome!!
They started their Religious Formation classes today. Not sure what all that means, but it started today. :-) Bill & I attended an excellent RCIA session.
Oh! It looks like I have overlooked an exciting part of our times at Mass. A few weeks ago, an usher caught us as we were entering the sanctuary. He asked us to be the family to present the gifts at the appropriate time in the service. Neleh, of course, stayed behind in the pew. Rebekah carried up the basket of the day's offering. Bill carried the pitcher of wine. I followed behind with the bowl of hosts. Apparently this bowl has a name, but I don't know what it is. We presented the gifts to the priest and deacon. It was an honor to be able to serve in this way! Oh, how I long for the day when I actually get to partake in the Eucharist.
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment